Skye

Skye
PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday 13 January 2013

Skye goes to the RDS Young Scientist Exhibition

Today we headed up to Dublin to visit the Young Scientist Exhibition in the RDS. Amber and Holly were minded for the day but we took Skye with us.

I gave her a play session in the garden before we left and she fell asleep in the back on the journey up. When I got her out the car she was quite excited and full of energy so I decided maybe a walk would calm her down! Because we had been busy trying to get out she hadn't had our normal walk, and Skye can get hyper when she's not had a walk, especially after over 2 hours in the car (it took us ages to get parked up).

So we found a nearby Park, where Skye had a free run and met several other dogs and had a run around. She also found a stick which we played fetch with. I discouraged her from going in the lake, though she was keen! Walking back towards the RDS she was much more relaxed and calmer.

It was very busy and crowded inside the RDS. I think they said there was about 15,000 people there. So a lot! Skye was very good in the crowds and not reactive. The only issue I had was there was a fair bit of rubbish on the floor and she was trying to eat that. I was telling her to leave it and she didn't get anythimg but it was a pain! Everyone was trying to pet her, despite her 'do not pet' label on the jacket and she does get quite distracted by that. Otherwise it went great and it was extremely hot in there but she coped well, we were walking through loads of people with hardly any space to move but she was fine.

We didn't stay long but it was a good experience for her. She wasn't that distracted and responded and listened to me which was good as she is still a young dog and they often find enviorments like that difficult to concentrate in.

We headed back home and Skye was delighted when Amber and Holly came home again, she had missed her buddies! I took her for a walk in the nearby field but as it was so dark I kept her on the lead as I wouldn't have been able to see her as she is black! I don't have any photos of the RDS as it was so busy and completely went out of my head, but here's one of her enjoying her evening walk!



No comments: