Skye

Skye
PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Skye's News

Skye's had a busy few weeks, here's what she's been up to!

Abby, AADI's new puppy, a 9 week old Labradoodle, came over to our house and Skye had lots of fun playing with Abby and sharing all her toys. Abby is a lovely little puppy.

 
Skye's been on lots of different free runs/walks - she's been up the mountains, to two different forests and the beach this week, much to her delight!

 
I've trained Skye to sit/lay down beside the dishwasher while we stack it as her licking the plates can be a pain. Now she's a good girl and knows if she waits patiently she can have a treat when we're finished.
 
 
I have been working on Skye's leave it command (for food). I can place a piece of kibble on the floor near where Skye is and tell her to "leave it" and she can leave it for 10 seconds until I say "OK Skye" to let her eat it. She will also leave a piece of kibble that I throw on the floor for up to 5 seconds. For Skye's mealtimes (since she was a tiny puppy) she has had to sit, wait (with the bowl of food down on the ground) until I release her with an OK. Sometimes I feed Skye on her blanket in the sitting room, and if I say "go to bed" with the bowl in my hand she runs over to the blanket as fast as she can!
 
I've also been doing the leave it with toys. She loves tennis balls and can be really distracted by them. I now have her leaving a toy (not a tennis ball just yet - but hopefully in a few days) that I throw.
 

Amber and Skye have fun in the frost!
 

 
 
 
 
That's all for now, but I'll update the blog again soon!
 

No comments: