Skye

Skye
PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday 22 November 2012

More jacket work


Training in the garden (Amber does not want to be left out!)

Skye starts to like her jacket
Skye's now back from her weekend in Cork. Maggie said she did very well. Amber was very quiet over the weekend but was so excited when Skye came home again!!

I have been really working with Skye and her jacket and Maggie had also worked on it over the weekend (she had been leaving it out by Skye's bed and putting treats on it for Skye to lick off). I can certainly see a difference, and slowly Skye is really starting to get more relaxed in the jacket.

Something Skye LOVES is a game of fetch. So what I'm doing is putting her jacket on, and then playing fetch so she associates the jacket with good things. Also, as Maggie suggested, I am leaving the jacket out in the house so she gets used to it being around.

Today, when we went down to Abbeyleix to meet with our home education friends, it was also a very positive jacket experience for Skye. We were meeting in a hall and brought Skye inside in-jacket. We brought her bed and she settled down there for a hour or so. Then I took her for a long walk down the road & afterwards played off-lead on the grass (both in jacket, and both fun for Skye) There was also a play park nearby where my brothers and sisters went to play. Skye got to see them on the zip wire (for what I think was the first time) and it didn't faze her at all.


On her bed at Abbeyleix


Enjoying a free run
 Every day I'm going to do a fun-jacket-experience time for Skye, and I hope that by Christmas she shouldn't run away when I try to put the jacket on and enjoy "working in jacket" (at the moment she does settle and enjoy it but I want to get it so she enjoys having the jacket put on and looks forward to working.)

While Skye was away, we brought home two other pygmies, Harry and Neville. She often goes over to see them while their in their pen and she looks surprised when they start bleating! We're taking the four of them into the vets tomorrow so that could be a challenge!!!

No comments: